major haul Woman (30s) arrested as €105k in cash and cannabis worth €5k seized in Dublin's inner-city
The seizure was made as part of an ongoing operation targeting the sale and supply of controlled drugs.
Gardai have arrested one woman and seized €105,660 in cash and cannabis worth more than €5k following a raid in Dublin's north inner-city last night.
The haul of cash was discovered by officers attached to the Garda National Drugs and Organised Crime Bureau shortly before 8pm yesterday in Dublin 1.
A garda spokesman said the raid was part of an ongoing operation targeting the sale and supply of controlled drugs.
He said: "A total of €105,660 in cash was seized at the property along with €5,000 in suspected cannabis herb (subject to analysis).
"A woman, aged in her 30s, was arrested at the scene and taken Store Street Garda Station where she is currently under Section 50 of the Criminal Justice Act 2007.
"Investigations are ongoing."
More to follow..
- Former Jehovah's Witness elder convicted of second sexual assault on a child in Cork
- Ireland's bogus tarmac crews on police radar in France and Italy this summer
- No jail for peeper caught watching woman on toilet in Dublin Burger King
- Man found injured in Dublin playground fighting for his life in hospital
- Intoxicated Ed Sheeran fan spat blood in garda station cell after Croke Park gig
- McDonald’s to sell its Russian business
- Toy Show star Saoirse Ruane facing 'fight of her life' ahead of tumour surgery
- Wes Brown gives his verdict on what happens next for Cristiano Ronaldo at Man United
- Russian state TV airs Taoiseach’s demand for an apology for simulated nuclear attack
- Ben Foster to leave Watford at end of the season