Coke's On You Three charged as gardaí seize €90K haul of cocaine and cannabis in Laois
The drugs will now be sent for analysis
Two teenagers and a young man in his 20s have been charged after gardaí seized €90,000 worth of cocaine and cannabis in Co. Laois this week.
The seizure was made following a search operation of a property in Portlaoise just before 8.30pm on Tuesday, May 10th.
During the search, gardaí attached to the Laois Divisional Drugs Unit, the Detective Branch, and uniformed gardaí from Portlaoise Garda Station seized cocaine with an approximate street value of €50,000 and cannabis herb with an approximate street value of €40,000.
The drugs will now be sent for analysis.
Three men, two aged in their late teens and one aged in his early 20s, were arrested as part of the operation and taken to Portlaoise Garda Station where they were detained under Section 2 of the Criminal Justice (Drug Trafficking) Act, 1996.
The have since been charged and were due to appear before Portlaoise District Court this morning, Thursday 12 May at 10.30am.
This seizure forms part of Operation Tara, an enhanced national anti-drugs strategy, which was launched by Garda Commissioner Drew Harris on July 2, 2021.
The focus of Operation Tara is to disrupt, dismantle and prosecute drug trafficking networks, at all levels - international, national, local - involved in the importation, distribution, cultivation, production, local sale and supply of controlled drugs.
- Herbal cannabis worth €400k seized in operation targeting West Dublin crime gang
- Dublin shop worker is treated for injury following attempted armed robbery
- PSNI finally pay up and apologise for lax investigation into brutal LVF murder of GAA man
- Belfast man who shook his genitals and threatened to rip off cop's head is jailed
- Tipperary woman banned from owning dogs after letting pups 'suffer' in tiny cage
- Irish man arrested in London accused of stealing high-end cars in Dublin and Kildare areas
- Video captures shocking moment Brinks van transporting money catches fire on the N11
- Shocking video shows girl (15) attacked and beaten by middle-aged woman in Dublin
- Rebekah Vardy claims she was made ‘scapegoat’ at Euro 2016 ‘Wagatha Christie’ trial reveals
- Drunken Irish driver jailed for least 15 years after crashing into car full of schoolgirls in US