No arrests Sligo Gardaí investigating two serious alleged sex assaults on teen girls
A GAA grounds in the Maugheraboy area of the town, St Mary’s, which is close to Mitchell Curley Park has been closed today as Gardaí continue to carry out their investigation in the incidents
Gardaí in Sligo are investigating two incidents of serious sexual assaults against two young girls in the town last night.
A GAA grounds in the Maugheraboy area of the town, St Mary’s, which is close to Mitchell Curley Park has been closed today as Gardaí continue to carry out their investigation in the incidents.
A Garda car remains parked outside the grounds with tape across the main gate which has been closed.
A house about half a mile away has also been the focus of the Garda investigation with a Garda car also at this scene all day.
It is understood the investigation is in its early stages and that no arrests have been made.
- Former Jehovah's Witness elder convicted of second sexual assault on a child in Cork
- Ireland's bogus tarmac crews on police radar in France and Italy this summer
- No jail for peeper caught watching woman on toilet in Dublin Burger King
- Man found injured in Dublin playground fighting for his life in hospital
- Intoxicated Ed Sheeran fan spat blood in garda station cell after Croke Park gig
- Toy Show star Saoirse Ruane facing 'fight of her life' ahead of tumour surgery
- Wes Brown gives his verdict on what happens next for Cristiano Ronaldo at Man United
- Russian state TV airs Taoiseach’s demand for an apology for simulated nuclear attack
- Ben Foster to leave Watford at end of the season
- Roy Hodgson: Some Watford players have felt a lack of support from team-mates