Drugs bust Man arrested as cannabis plants worth €52k and €2,200 cash seized in Cavan raid
Gardaí found that an upstairs room in the house had been converted for the cultivation of cannabis plants
A man has been arrested after gardai seized cannabis plants and cash in a raid carried out as part of Operation Tara in Co Cavan.
Gardaí attached to the Cavan Monaghan Divisional Drugs Unit assisted by local Garda units conducted a search under warrant of a house in Bailieboro yesterday.
During the search gardaí found that an upstairs room in the house had been converted for the cultivation of cannabis plants.
A total of 65 plants “at a mature stage of growth”, with an estimated value of €52,000 were seized by gardaí along with €2,200 cash.
A man in his late 50s was arrested and detained at Bailieboro Garda Station under the provisions of Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act, 1984.
The man has since been charged in connection with the case and is expected to appear this morning, Wednesday April 27, at Monaghan District Court.
- Finglas man jailed for eight years after tying up retired solider during violent burglary
- Dublin woman provided false alibi for partner who lured gangster Wayne Whelan to his death
- Man pleads guilty to mugging pensioner who had just won €23k in Dublin casino
- Garda chief says violent Dublin Airport incident was 'fuelled by drink'
- Irish among 43 arrested as Spanish cops blow open major drug trafficking operation
- Deirdre Reynolds Opinion Deirdre Reynolds: Victoria Beckham's 'curve' ball is a fat lot of good
- Kim Kardashian ‘heartbroken, disgusted and furious’ following Texas shooting
- Westmeath woman awarded €16,400 after falling from defective chair in Supermacs
- Salvador Ramos: Texas gunman warned of school shooting on social media
- Dungannon road crash victim named as Co Antrim man Paul McLarnon (61)