drug raid Man (40s) quizzed after cannabis herb worth €260,000 seized in Co Cork
Officers attached to the Cork City Divisional Drugs Unit and Gurranabraher District Drugs Unit carried out the searches
A man is being quizzed by gardai after €260,000 worth of cannabis herb was seized in Ballincollig, Co Cork.
Officers attached to the Cork City Divisional Drugs Unit and Gurranabraher District Drugs Unit conducted a search of a property in Ballincollig at 7pm on Thursday.
A small quantity of suspected cannabis herb was discovered, along with drug paraphernalia and a number of mobile phones.
However, in a follow-up search at a nearby residence approximately 13kg of cannabis herb, believed to be valued at €260,000, was seized.
“A man, aged in his 40s, was arrested at the scene and was taken to Bridewell Garda Station where he is currently detained under Section 2 of the Criminal Justice Act 1996,” gardai said.
“The drugs seized will now be sent for further analysis.
“Investigations are ongoing."
- Herbal cannabis worth €400k seized in operation targeting West Dublin crime gang
- Dublin shop worker is treated for injury following attempted armed robbery
- PSNI finally pay up and apologise for lax investigation into brutal LVF murder of GAA man
- Belfast man who shook his genitals and threatened to rip off cop's head is jailed
- Tipperary woman banned from owning dogs after letting pups 'suffer' in tiny cage
- What time, channel, team news and all you need to know about Man City v Aston Villa
- Jurgen Klopp with a warning to Man City as Premier League title race reaches conclusion
- Tennis plunged into civil war as ranking points are stripped from Wimbledon over Russia ban
- Fernandinho ‘really proud’ of achievements as he prepares for City swansong
- No hangover next season if Arsenal miss out on Champions League – Mikel Arteta