court hearing Man (30s) arrested for terrifying armed robbery in Dublin after he tried to flee from gardai
The man left the scene if the robbery in a taxi with a number of items from the premises
Gardai have arrested a man following an armed robbery at a business premises on Collinswood Avenue yesterday afternoon.
At approximately 3.45pm yesterday afternoon, a man entered the North Dublin business premises armed with a weapon and threatened the staff members.
According to gardai, he then left the scene if the robbery in a taxi with a number of items from the premises.
A garda spokesman said, in a follow up search, officers stopped a taxi on Swords Road and the suspect attempted to make his escape on foot.
"Gardaí arrested one man (late 30s) and a number of items stolen from the premises were located.," the spokesman said.
"He was taken to Clontarf Garda station where he was detained under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act, 1984.
"He has since been charged in relation to the robbery and is due to appear before a special sitting of Criminal Courts of Justice, Court Number 1, this morning Friday 18th March, 2022 at 10.30a.m.
"The investigations is ongoing."
- Relative of criminal 'Mr Flashy’ targeted in second weekend firebomb attack in Finglas
- Notorious Co Down man remanded into custody for 'stalking' woman
- Man and woman charged following recovery of drugs worth £260k in Co Down
- Gardaí arrest two men in connection with aggravated burglary in Co Meath
- Kinahan cartel working with Russian 'FBI' to move drugs across Europe, expert reveals
- Harry Styles wears brown spotted pyjamas to read his CBeebies Bedtime Story
- Pep Guardiola says he's 'never had a title rival like Liverpool', as player or manager
- Rory McIlroy is left frustrated at US PGA as Shane Lowry urges critics to lay off the four-time winner
- Tottenham ready to back Antonio Conte in transfer market after top-four finish
- 5 things we learned from Sunday’s Premier League action