major haul Images reveal inside secret Galway underground bunker as gardai make €70k drugs seizure
A woman (60s) and man (30s) were both arrested at the scene
Two people have been arrested after gardai discovered a major haul of cannabis during a raid on an underground bunker in Co Galway.
Officers from the Galway Divisional Drugs Unit seized cannabis worth more than €70,000 following the search yesterday in Dunmore, Co Galway.
Gardai carried out the search under warrant as part of Operation Tara and discovered the drugs in an underground bunker at the premises.
Cannabis plants worth €52,800 and cannabis herb valued at €11,500 were seized.
A woman (60s) and man (30s) were both arrested at the scene.
A garda spokesman said the two are currently detained at Galway Divisional Headquarters under Section 2 of the Drug Trafficking Act 1996.
"A follow up search was carried out in Galway city later in the evening, and a further €6,000 in cannabis herb was discovered.
"All of the drugs seized will now be sent for further analysis.
- Four arrested and firearm recovered after gardaí raid properties in Finglas, Dublin
- Revealed: Face of neighbour-from-hell jailed for 66 months for terrorising housing estate
- GAA stars and 2 Johnnies host among around 40 men tricked by 'mega catfish'
- Video captures shocking Kerry assault as youth repeatedly kicked in head while on ground
- EU Commissioner vows to seize Kinahan cartel assets at launch of new anti-gang plan
- Conor McGregor gushes over 'beautiful' and 'iconic' Kylie Minogue at Elvis premiere
- Man hoped to make boss 'proud' by smuggling two tons of cocaine but is jailed for 18 years
- Goodfellas star Ray Liotta dies aged 67, reports say
- Galway hurler Jack Grealish handed two-year ban for driving without insurance
- Spanish cops probe if Irish passenger in 180km/h car chase may have been imitating video game