gunshot wounds Gardai rush to the scene after man shot at supermarket car park in Finglas
The victim is a young man in his 20s.
Gardai are at the scene of a suspected shooting that occurred in a supermarket car park in north Dublin this evening.
It is understood that the male victim suffered non-life threatening wounds to his leg in the gun attack which happened at St Margaret’s Road in Finglas at around 5pm.
The victim is understood to be aged in his early 20s and originally from Co Louth.
“Indications are that he was shot in the lower leg,” a source said.
Gardai remain at the scene and no arrests have been made.
The scene has been preserved for a technical examination.
A garda spokesman said the man's wounds are not life-threatening.
"Gardaí are currently at the scene of what is believed to be a shooting incident on St Margaret’s Road, Finglas, Dublin 11.
"A man in his 20s is understood to have suffered non-life threatening injuries. No further information is available at this time."
Updates will follow in due course.
More to follow..
- Woman who slapped bouncer in 'split-second reaction' at club told cops 'There's real crime out there'
- Episode 109 - The brutal murder of Emer O'Loughlin in a mobile home in Galway
- Herbal cannabis worth €400k seized in operation targeting West Dublin crime gang
- Dublin shop worker is treated for injury following attempted armed robbery
- PSNI finally pay up and apologise for lax investigation into brutal LVF murder of GAA man
- Should Luiz Diaz start the Champions League final? Liverpool legend gives his verdict
- Reality TV star Hughie Maughan reveals he won €10k on scratch card and plans to buy horse
- Tributes pour in for prominent farmer tragically killed in crash on M8 motorway
- Rory McIlroy is bullish about ‘great position’ despite slow Friday: ‘There’s a lot of golf to play’
- Pep Guardiola tells Manchester City stars to ‘just focus on the football game’