'Heinous' Gardaí renew appeal for information on brutal gun murder of Andrew Burns in Donegal
The 27-year-old was murdered at Donnyloop, Castlefin in Co. Donegal by a group of people on Tuesday, 12th February, 2008
Gardaí are renewing their appeal for information on the murder of Andrew Burns in Donegal 14 years ago.
The 27-year-old was murdered at Donnyloop, Castlefin in Co. Donegal by a group of people on Tuesday, 12th February, 2008.
Shortly after 7pm on this date, Andrew Burns was shot several times.
He was later found on a roadway close to Donnyloop Church and pronounced dead just before 8pm.
To date, one person has been convicted of this murder and is currently serving a life sentence.
However, An Garda Síochána believe that a number of people were involved in this murder.
Andrew’s family remain devastated by this heinous act and continue to struggle to come to terms with his murder.
Detective Inspector Pat O’Donnell said: “An Garda Síochána in Donegal would like to directly appeal to those individuals who were on the periphery of the group involved in Andrew’s murder.
“In particular their friends, family members and partners. It has been 14 years since Andrew’s murder and during that time relationships change, loyalties change and people may not now be constrained by the set of circumstances that existed for them some 14 years ago.
“An Garda Síochána is appealing to those individuals to look into their conscience and unburden themselves of whatever information they may have.”
Detective O’Donnell added that An Garda Síochána are very grateful for all the witnesses that have come forward and made statements in the intervening years but stressed that it is never too late for those who have yet to come forward to make contact with gardaí.
Information received by gardaí will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Anyone with information is asked to please contact the incident room at Letterkenny Garda Station on 074 9167100, the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666 111 or make contact with any Garda Station.
- Relative of criminal 'Mr Flashy’ targeted in second weekend firebomb attack in Finglas
- Notorious Co Down man remanded into custody for 'stalking' woman
- Man and woman charged following recovery of drugs worth £260k in Co Down
- Gardaí arrest two men in connection with aggravated burglary in Co Meath
- Kinahan cartel working with Russian 'FBI' to move drugs across Europe, expert reveals
- Pep Guardiola says he's 'never had a title rival like Liverpool', as player or manager
- Rory McIlroy is left frustrated at US PGA as Shane Lowry urges critics to lay off the four-time winner
- 5 things we learned from Sunday’s Premier League action
- Chris Pratt and Katherine Schwarzenegger welcome second daughter
- My players are legends, says Pep Guardiola after Manchester City’s title success