Bizarre crime Gardai probing after body of elderly man brought to post office to 'collect his pension'
The incident happened at a post office in Carlow on Friday morning
A dead man was brought to a post office this morning in an attempt to collect his pension in one of the most bizarre incidents that gardai have ever seen.
The shocking incident in which the deceased male was propped up by two other men happened at the post office on Staplestown Road in Carlow town.
Staff at the post office immediately became suspicious and contacted emergency services and gardai rushed to the scene.
No money was handed over and it is understood that the deceased man is well known to the two men who moved his body.
Once suspicions were raised, the men left the scene.
“Gardaí are investigating all the circumstances surrounding the unexplained death of an elderly male in the Carlow area this morning, Friday 21st January 2022,” a garda spokesman said.
“The services of the Garda Technical Bureau and the Office of the State Pathologist have been requested.
“A post mortem will be conducted by the Office of the State Pathologist, the results of which will determine the course of the investigation.”
- PSNI finally pay up and apologise for lax investigation into brutal LVF murder of GAA man
- Belfast man who shook his genitals and threatened to rip off cop's head is jailed
- Tipperary woman banned from owning dogs after letting pups 'suffer' in tiny cage
- Kinahan cartel: Gardai say 'huge' amount of intelligence coming from underworld figures
- Relatives of men murdered by Loyalist serial killer challenge early release decision
- Amy Broadhurst and Lisa O’Rourke – Irish boxing’s golden girls of Istanbul
- Footage emerges of Patrick Vieria in a confrontation with an Everton fan
- Sean McGoldrick Opinion The complete idiot’s guide to the race for Sam Maguire as favourites emerges
- Rory McIlroy gives his verdict after sparkling start at PGA Championship
- Tiger Woods’ not happy with cameraman as he limps through PGA Championship