station row Gardai launch probe after shocking video shows terrified mum carried off on car bonnet
The car then swerves out on to the road, propelling the woman onto the footpath
This is the terrifying moment a young mum was struck by a vehicle that then drives off at speed with her on the bonnet.
The footage shows an altercation at a petrol station in Jobstown in Dublin between two women and a car in the forecourt.
The incident has been captured in a series of shocking videos that have now gone viral on social media.
As the car attempts to drive away, one woman can be seen aiming a kick at the driver’s car door.
The other woman stands in front of the car to prevent it driving off and shouting: "You’re going to knock me down, are ya?"
However, the driver then bumps into her before accelerating.
The young woman hangs on desperately to the windscreen wiper, screaming as the driver makes a getaway.
The car then swerves out on to the road, propelling the woman onto the footpath.
The entire incident was recorded from various different angles - including from within the car - and posted on social media where it has since gone viral.
In a social media post the woman who was carried away on the car recalls how terrified she was.
“To anyone laughing at me or sharing videos of me nearly being murdered yesterday yas should be ashamed urself (sic).
“I’m lucky to be be alive. My children had to witness that…Big thank u too everyone at the scene who helped and kept me alert.
“Appreciate all calls and texts..now just to heal and get better..mite knock me down but I get up again..now that be all.”
Gardai confirmed that they were investigating an incident which occurred in the Jobstown area of Tallaght, Dublin 24 on Thursday, May 5, at approximately 5pm.
“A woman, aged in her 30s, was taken to Tallaght Hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries,” they added. “Investigations are ongoing.”
- Herbal cannabis worth €400k seized in operation targeting West Dublin crime gang
- Dublin shop worker is treated for injury following attempted armed robbery
- PSNI finally pay up and apologise for lax investigation into brutal LVF murder of GAA man
- Belfast man who shook his genitals and threatened to rip off cop's head is jailed
- Tipperary woman banned from owning dogs after letting pups 'suffer' in tiny cage
- Irish man arrested in London accused of stealing high-end cars in Dublin and Kildare areas
- Video captures shocking moment Brinks van transporting money catches fire on the N11
- Shocking video shows girl (15) attacked and beaten by middle-aged woman in Dublin
- Rebekah Vardy claims she was made ‘scapegoat’ at Euro 2016 ‘Wagatha Christie’ trial reveals
- Drunken Irish driver jailed for least 15 years after crashing into car full of schoolgirls in US