Family of Lisa Dorrian receive €60,000 donation towards their reward for information
The family have been raising money to offer as a reward for information on her whereabouts
The family of Lisa Dorrian have received a generous donation of €60,000 (£50,000) towards their fundraiser to help pull together a reward for information leading to the missing woman’s body.
Her sister Joanne Dorrian, who runs a Twitter dedicated to raising awareness about the case, launched the GoFundMe page last week.
Taking to social media on Wednesday, Joanne announced that businessman Barrie Drewitt-Barlow made the kind donation.
“I’m so happy to be able to tell you that we have been donated £50k (€60,000) from Barrie Drewitt-Barlow for the reward fund to find Lisa,” she said.
“Barrie is a true family man who lives for his children. We are beyond grateful for Barrie. Thank you Barrie, love from the Dorrians.”
The Manchester-born businessman was one of the first gay men in the UK to father children through surrogacy.
The multi-millionaire TV reality star, who is a dad of six, said he was compelled to reach out and make the gesture.
A total of almost €71,000 (£60,000) has now been raised.
On the fundraiser page, Lisa’s family said: “We are asking our friends, family, public and supporters to please help us in raising a reward to find Lisa.”
“This reward will only ever be paid to someone if it leads to the recovery of Lisa’s body as that is our main priority.”
“We believe there is someone other than the murderer who knows where Lisa lays now and can help us,” she continued.
“If money is our only barrier then we ask you to please support this reward fund in any way you can. Every £1 will help us so much.”
Joanne said that her mother died in 2015 with a broken heart after losing Lisa.
“Our wish is to lay them to rest together.”
Lisa (25) vanished from a caravan park in Ballyhalbert, Co Down in 2005.
She attended a party in the area before she was killed and her body disposed of.
Her case was upgraded to a murder case and her family believe that they know who killed the young woman.
Detectives have said that they do not believe the murder was planned but have said a “small number” of people hold the key to solving the unsolved case and finding the victim’s remains.
In an anonymous interview with BBC Spotlight in 2005, a man who claims to have last seen her said that the pair fled the caravan when they heard noises and saw flashing lights outside.
The then 17-year-old said they then lost one another in the dark at 5am.
While the LVF and UVF have previously been accused of involvement, Police confirmed that was no paramilitary involvement in Lisa’s death.
'SERIOUS ASSAULT' | Police release CCTV of man after teen ‘seriously injured’ in attack outside Irish pub
allegations | US teen (17) accused of raping drunk girl whilst friends ‘filmed and laughed’
NO SHOW | Dublin teen accused over garda car ramming ‘refused to get out of bed’ for court
'dommy mommy' | Canadian woman facing sack over OnlyFans says teaching doesn’t pay enough
'beautiful soul' | Tributes pour in following death of model and frontline nurse Judy Fitzgerald
'still in touch' | Eamonn Holmes says ‘life’s tough’ for young man at centre of Phillip Schofield affair
Russell Crowe tribute to Ryan Tubridy
'MISCOMMUNICATION' | Kildare mum says doctor ‘forgot’ to tell her about cancer diagnosis
probation | Irish Navy veteran who bent recruit over and slapped her repeatedly on buttocks walks free
BENZ BONANZA | Karim Benzema considering mega €100m-a-year offer to move to Saudi Arabia