drugs test Courier 'driving erratically' tests positive for cocaine after being stopped by gardaí
'A career change will be mandated on successful prosecution'
A courier spotted 'driving erratically' tested positive for cocaine after being stopped by gardaí.
The van driver was pulled over by the Roads Policing Unit on the Callan Road in Kilkenny on Thursday.
When administered a roadside oral fluid test it came back positive for cocaine.
The man was arrested and a further drug test was administered at the Garda station.
In a statement, a garda spokesperson said: “Following reports of a courier driving erratically, a road side drugs oral fluid test was carried out on the driver.
“The driver who was stopped by the Roads Policing Unit on the Callan Road in Kilkenny yesterday came back positive for cocaine. He was arrested and a further sample taken back at the station.
“Analysis to follow and a career change will be mandated on successful prosecution.”
- Notorious Co Down man remanded into custody for 'stalking' woman
- Man and woman charged following recovery of drugs worth £260k in Co Down
- Gardaí arrest two men in connection with aggravated burglary in Co Meath
- Kinahan cartel working with Russian 'FBI' to move drugs across Europe, expert reveals
- DUP councillor at centre of child grooming claims pictured watching Rangers match
- Jordan Henderson tries to find words to describe Liverpool's Premier League near miss
- Irish MEPs blocked from diplomatic mission to Palestine after Israel stops chairperson entering
- The greatest Premier League title race of them all is given a fitting final day of drama
- Derry Girls star says hit comedy taught UK public the history of Northern Ireland
- Burnley relegated from Premier League following defeat to Newcastle