'karma' Woman who claims she was stalked by ex says he left Red Bull and ciggies on new boyfriend's car
The woman alleged Dermot Carr mailed her a note saying 'It must be nice to have someone… all I have now is my Red Bull and smokes'
A woman who claims she was stalked by her ex-partner has said she was afraid after he sent constant texts and emails, followed her around and left unwanted gifts at her parents’ house.
The woman alleged Dermot Carr (50) left cigarettes and an energy drink on her new boyfriend’s car and mailed: “It must be nice to have someone… all I have now is my Red Bull and smokes… I still love you.”
The woman’s friend alleged Mr Carr blamed her for the breakup and she felt threatened by a “karma” comment he made in an email to her.
Mr Carr of Cassian Court, Royal Canal Park is pleading not guilty to harassing his ex in Dublin in 2018 and 2019.
The case was part-heard before Judge Grainne Malone at Dublin District Court and adjourned for continuation later. It is alleged Mr Carr sent more than 200 emails and dozens of texts.
Defence solicitor Richard Young said the allegations were disputed. The alleged victim said after the breakup, she began to receive 10 to 20 texts per day but she did not respond.
When she began seeing someone else, she alleged Mr Carr started following her around and contacted members of her family. When she changed her phone number she began receiving weekly emails and “realised she was being followed”.
One mail referenced where she and her new boyfriend had gone out to eat.
“What’s the story with pizza?” he allegedly said, “I would have made sure you had a lovely dinner”.
It was alleged the accused said in a mail he would put tracking devices on her new boyfriend’s and her brother’s cars, but none were found.
She alleged he sent a photo of her brother’s house and a message: “This is only going to get worse until you talk to me.”
“I took that as a threat,” she told the court.
- Scottish drug trafficker used help of former cop to smuggle €8m worth drugs into Ireland
- Mother claims ‘I had to take matters into my own hands’ after accusing man of abusing son
- Hotel pays €5,000 compo for Travelling community woman over 'illogical' wedding discrimination
- Man held over violent gun raid at Irish jewellery store
- Man (43) found with five fake driving licences in his name given probation
- Champion boxer Sunny Edwards says he doesn't know if he is part of US Kinahan ban
- Istanbul champions Amy Broadhurst and Lisa O’Rourke arrive home to hero's welcome
- Locals remain in fear as vigil for murdered mum Lisa Thompson is held in Ballymun
- Irish climber nearing top of Everest says his mum’s death made him follow his passion
- Derry Girls and Peaky Blinders star joins tens of thousands on Irish language rights protest