disqualified Uninsured dad fined for taking ‘foolish risk’ by driving his wife’s car, court told
An uninsured dad foolishly drove his wife’s car to collect one of their children as she was unable to do so, a court has heard.
Peter McCabe (37) was fined €500 and disqualified from driving for two years by Judge Gerard Jones.
The defendant, with an address at Fortlawn Park in Blanchardstown, Dublin, admitted driving without insurance or a driving licence at Church Road in Mulhuddart on May 2, 2021.
Garda Kyle Jackson told Blanchardstown District Court he stopped McCabe shortly before 7pm. He failed to produce his documents within 10 days, the garda said.
Defence solicitor Rory Staines said McCabe had worked in construction and was hoping to return to work as Covid restrictions eased.
Mr Staines said the defendant was married and had three children. McCabe was collecting one of his children when he was stopped by gardaí, the solicitor added.
The car belonged to his wife and she was fully insured, but she was unavailable and there were time pressures as the child needed to be picked up.
Mr Staines said McCabe took a foolish risk and drove the car but accepted what he had done when stopped by gardaí.
- Coleen and Wayne Rooney miss last day of 'Wagatha Christie' trial to go on holiday
- Belfast man who shook his genitals and threatened to rip off cop's head is jailed
- Relatives of men murdered by Loyalist serial killer challenge early release decision
- Daughter accused of murdering OAP Mary Bergin is in-patient at Central Mental Hospital
- Early release of loyalist jailed for murdering chippy owner challenged by NI Secretary of State
- Burnley escape Premier League relegation zone after claiming draw at Aston Villa
- Marcos Alonso rights a wrong and strengthens Chelsea chances of finishing third
- PSNI finally pay up and apologise for lax investigation into brutal LVF murder of GAA man
- Rihanna and ASAP Rocky welcome baby boy, according to reports
- Everton mount stunning fightback to clinch Premier League survival in Palace win