| 2.2°C Dublin

Court hearing Teen (15) to go on trial next year for murder of mum as she walked home from work

The accused also faces charges of possession of a knife and robbery arising out of the same incident.

Close

Urantsetseg Tserendorj,

Urantsetseg Tserendorj,

Urantsetseg Tserendorj,

A 15-year-old boy accused of the murder of a mother-of-two who was stabbed on her walk home from work will go on trial at the Central Criminal Court next year.

The boy, who cannot be identified because he is a minor, appeared at a brief hearing in the Central Criminal Court this morning charged with the murder of Urantsetseg Tserendorj on January 20, 2021.

Ms Tserendorj, a Mongolian national who lived in Dublin for a number of years, died at the Mater Hospital two weeks after she was stabbed at the CHQ building on Custom House Quay in Dublin.

Close

 Ulambayar Surenkhor, widower of Urantsetseg Tserendorj, outside the Central Criminal Court

Ulambayar Surenkhor, widower of Urantsetseg Tserendorj, outside the Central Criminal Court

Ulambayar Surenkhor, widower of Urantsetseg Tserendorj, outside the Central Criminal Court

She had been on her way home from work at 9:30pm when the stabbing occurred.

The accused also faces charges of possession of a knife and robbery arising out of the same incident.

Mr Justice Paul McDermott said he wanted to ensure that the trial is conducted in an appropriate way considering the accused is a child.

He said he is also anxious that the case be dealt with quickly and asked for progress update from lawyers involved in the trial on January 17.

Sunday World Newsletter

Sign up for the latest news and updates

This field is required This field is required

Download the Sunday World app

Now download the free app for all the latest Sunday World News, Crime, Irish Showbiz and Sport. Available on Apple and Android devices


Top Videos





Privacy