| 12.9°C Dublin

New charges Sarah Everard’s murderer Wayne Couzens accused of four counts of indecent exposure

“The four alleged offences took place between January and February 2021."

Close

Wayne Couzens has been charged with indecent exposure (Metropolitan Police/PA

Wayne Couzens has been charged with indecent exposure (Metropolitan Police/PA

Wayne Couzens has been charged with indecent exposure (Metropolitan Police/PA

Sarah Everard’s killer Wayne Couzens has been charged with indecent exposure, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said.

The 49-year-old has been accused of four offences in January and February last year, and faces allegations he “intentionally exposed his genitals intending that someone would see them and be caused alarm and distress”.

Rosemary Ainslie, head of the CPS special crime division, said: “Following a referral of evidence by the Metropolitan Police, the CPS has authorised four charges of indecent exposure against Wayne Couzens.

“The four alleged offences took place between January and February 2021.

Close

Sarah Everard (33) was murdered by former Met officer Wayne Couzens last year.

Sarah Everard (33) was murdered by former Met officer Wayne Couzens last year.

Sarah Everard (33) was murdered by former Met officer Wayne Couzens last year.

“He will appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on April 13.”

According to the Metropolitan Police, the incidents are alleged to have taken place in Swanley, Kent, between January 22 and February 1 2021, January 30 and February 6, on February 14 and February 27.

Couzens is serving a whole-life tariff for the abduction, rape and murder of Ms Everard in March 2021.

Sunday World Newsletter

Sign up for the latest news and updates

This field is required This field is required

Download the Sunday World app

Now download the free app for all the latest Sunday World News, Crime, Irish Showbiz and Sport. Available on Apple and Android devices


Top Videos





Available now on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google Podcasts.

Privacy