special sitting Man due in court in relation to loaded machine gun and ammunition seizures in Finglas and Ballymun
The man in his 40s arrested in relation to the seizure of firearms has been charged.
He is due to appear before the Criminal Courts of Justice (Court 2) this morning, Saturday 16th April 2022.
The woman in her 50s arrested in relation the seizure has been released without charge. A file will now be prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions.
The two were arrested and questioned under Section 30 of the Offences Against the State Act at the Ballymun Garda Station.
All of the items seized will be sent for ballistic and forensic examination while the investigation is ongoing, according to gardai.
The arrests and seizures are part of Operation Tara launched by Garda Commissioner Drew Harris last summer which targets drug dealing at all levels.
- Two men (20s) charged in connection with burglary at Dublin industrial park
- Notorious Co Down man remanded into custody for 'stalking' woman
- Coleen Rooney's Irish bodyguard predicts 'she'll win her case' against Rebekah Vardy
- Ex RTE journalist found guilty of sex assault on sleeping woman silent on conviction
- Mum-of-three convicted of running illegal puppy farm out of council home
- The greatest Premier League title race of them all is given a fitting final day of drama
- Derry Girls star says hit comedy taught UK public the history of Northern Ireland
- Leicester put Southampton to the sword on final day
- Manchester City stage remarkable comeback to clinch Premier League title
- Dublin couple turn a derelict cottage which had a cow in the living room into €750,000 retreat in Leitrim