Court date Man charged over fatal shooting of Michael Tormey in Ballyfermot
A 39-year-old woman who had also been arrested in connection with the shooting was released without charge this evening
A man has been charged in connection with the fatal shooting of a man in his 40s in Ballyfermot, Dublin earlier this month.
The victim, Michael Tormey, was shot in the early hours of Sunday morning, January 9, on Thomond Road.
The man (40 years) has been charged in relation to the incident and is due to appear before Criminal Courts of Justice on Wednesday morning, January 19, at 10:30am.
A 39-year-old woman who had also been arrested in connection with the shooting was released without charge this evening and a file will be prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions, a Garda spokesperson said.
Investigations into the shooting are ongoing.
- Revealed: Face of 'Deli Mob' enforcer who was hired to blind victims with acid
- Senator found not guilty of assaulting man during brawl outside Louth pub
- Man (33) pleads guilty to possession of handgun used to shoot Sinead Connolly
- 'Violent and dangerous' killer who threatened to kill garda spared return to jail
- Killer who assaulted barrister during murder trial can't find lawyer for his appeal
- Dubliner Dermot Kennedy misses home while touring but will never Facetime his mammy
- Ukranian woman fights for life after road crash involving killer Derek 'Del Boy' Hutch
- Tickets for Bruce Springsteen's three Dublin shows sell out within minutes
- Horror video shows two teens being attacked by gang of youths in Offaly housing estate
- Dear Evan Hansen announces date of final West End performance