Court apppearance Man (50s) charged and youth arrested in relation to alleged assault in Limerick
A juvenile has also been arrested in relation to the same incident.
A man has been charged in relation to an alleged assault in Limerick on Sunday morning.
The man, who is aged in his 50s, will appear before Limerick District Court on Monday, March 7.
A juvenile was also arrested on Sunday evening in relation to the same incident. The youth remains detained under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act, 1984 at Roxboro Road garda station in Limerick.
The older man has been charged in connection with the alleged assault at around 3am in Ballinacurra Weston, Limerick.
A man, aged in his late 30s, is being treated at Cork University Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
The incident took place at a house where scenes of crime investigators conducted an examination today.
A garda spokesperson said last night: “Gardaí are investigating an assault that occurred in the early hours of this morning, Sunday 6th March, 2022 at approximately 3am in Ballinacurra Weston, Co Limerick, have charged the man who was detained at Roxboro Road garda station.
“One man, aged in his 50s was arrested at the scene and taken to Roxboro Road garda station, where he was detained under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act, 1984.
“He has since been charged in relation to the incident and is due to appear before Limerick District Court tomorrow morning.
"In a follow-up search a juvenile was arrested this evening Sunday 6th March, 2022 in relation to the same incident and he remains detained under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act, 1984 at Roxboro Road garda station.
"Investigations are ongoing.”
- Ex solicitor to be sentenced for stealing more than €53,000 cash
- Man who let his account be used for money laundering initially claimed he was hacked
- Lawyers for barrister charged with murdering Keith Conlon allowed interview witnesses
- File sent to DPP over botched Dublin gangland hit that claimed lives of two innocent people
- Judge blasted after saying foreign defendant had 'no need for interpreter when buying hooch'
- Meghan Markle's father Thomas Markle in hospital after suffering stroke
- Texas school shooting: Victims include boy (8) and 'loving' teacher Eva Mireles
- Thomas ‘Bomber’ Kavanagh now sharing jail with Julian Assange, ISIS terrorists and the Grindr killer
- Man hospitalised and one arrested after fight in busy Dublin Airport terminal
- Roy Curtis Opinion How Shane O’Donnell and Clare are again threatening to become the story of the hurling summer