detained Man (30s) to appear in court in connection with Co Cork armed robbery
Gardaí arrested the man following the robbery which occurred at a business on Main Street, Ballincollig, last night at 7.15pm
A man in his 30s has been arrested in connection with an armed robbery in Ballincollig, Cork, on Saturday evening.
Gardaí arrested the man following the robbery which occurred at a business on Main Street, Ballincollig, last night at 7.15pm.
A lone male entered the business premises on Main Street, Ballincollig armed with a weapon and threatened the staff members. He left the scene in a taxi with a number of items of property, gardaí said.
In a follow up search of the area, Gardaí arrested one man (late 30's) and the property from the premises was located.
He was taken to Bridewell Garda station where he was detained under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act, 1984.
He has since been charged in relation to the incident and is due to appear tomorrow morning Monday 25 April at Cork City Court.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Two men (20s) charged in connection with burglary at Dublin industrial park
- Notorious Co Down man remanded into custody for 'stalking' woman
- Coleen Rooney's Irish bodyguard predicts 'she'll win her case' against Rebekah Vardy
- Ex RTE journalist found guilty of sex assault on sleeping woman silent on conviction
- Mum-of-three convicted of running illegal puppy farm out of council home
- Harry Styles wears brown spotted pyjamas to read his CBeebies Bedtime Story
- Pep Guardiola says he's 'never had a title rival like Liverpool', as player or manager
- Rory McIlroy is left frustrated at US PGA as Shane Lowry urges critics to lay off the four-time winner
- Tottenham ready to back Antonio Conte in transfer market after top-four finish
- 5 things we learned from Sunday’s Premier League action