sounds of strife Man (20) making music video said he'd 'smack the head off' local resident
The victim was involved with the residents committee and had come out of his home to speak to the youths after his neighbours had expressed concerns.
A YOUNG man who was part of a group of youths making a music video told a man who asked them to disperse to "f*ck off or I'll smack the head off you", a court heard.
John Stephens (20) stood nearby when a co-accused smacked the man across the face, before they both walked away.
Judge John O'Leary fined Stephens €100.
The defendant, of Conyngham Road, Dublin 8, admitted threatening and abusive behaviour at Castlemill Shopping Centre in Balbriggan on June 19, 2021.
Garda Stephen O'Toole told Swords District Court that gardaí received calls about a large group of youths causing an obstruction and disturbing residents.
Gda O'Toole said the group was directed to leave the area, which they did, going in the direction of Barons Hall estate.
The court heard the victim was involved with the residents committee and had come out of his home to speak to the youths after his neighbours had expressed concerns.
Gda O'Toole said Stephens was confrontational towards the injured party, telling him "f*ck off or I'll smack the head off you".
Stephens was searched and two bags of cannabis were found.
The defence said Stephens, a dad of one, was making a music video when he was approached and reacted badly.
She said Stephens wished to apologise for his remarks, which were made in the form of threats.
Mother who drove home drunk from party with her two young children may have charges dropped
A healthcare student who drove home drunk from a friend's house party with her young children in the back of the car may have charges of child neglect against her dropped if she engages with the Probation Service.
- Two men (20s) charged in connection with burglary at Dublin industrial park
- Notorious Co Down man remanded into custody for 'stalking' woman
- Coleen Rooney's Irish bodyguard predicts 'she'll win her case' against Rebekah Vardy
- Ex RTE journalist found guilty of sex assault on sleeping woman silent on conviction
- Mum-of-three convicted of running illegal puppy farm out of council home
- Rogue roofer who conned pensioner out of €850 still targeting old people
- Harry Styles wears brown spotted pyjamas to read his CBeebies Bedtime Story
- Pep Guardiola says he's 'never had a title rival like Liverpool', as player or manager
- Rory McIlroy is left frustrated at US PGA as Shane Lowry urges critics to lay off the four-time winner
- Tottenham ready to back Antonio Conte in transfer market after top-four finish