| 13.3°C Dublin

pleaded guilty Killer Noble faces another jail sentence after handbag snatch


Kelly Noble served time for manslaughter

Kelly Noble served time for manslaughter

Kelly Noble served time for manslaughter

Killer Kelly Noble could be soon back behind bars after pleading guilty to robbery charges.

Noble (35), who previously stabbed a young mother to death in front of her children, has had several run-ins with the law since her release from prison after serving a six-year sentence for manslaughter.

She was arrested by gardai following a series of robberies and attempted robberies on South Great George's Street in Dublin on September 23, 2017.

Noble had initially been charged with two attempted robberies of two victims and the actual robbery of a woman's handbag and cash.


Kelly Noble in 2007

Kelly Noble in 2007

Kelly Noble in 2007

She pleaded guilty to robbery at Dublin Circuit Court on Monday and is due to be sentenced on November 13.

Noble, with an address at Coill Dubh in Naas, Co, Kildare, had been sentenced to three months in prison for trespass just three weeks before the robbery offence but was released from prison early after finding out she was pregnant with her fourth child.

Noble, who has had drug dependency issues over the years, has 10 previous convictions for offences including trespass, theft and possession of knives.

Her most serious conviction is for manslaughter after she stabbed Emma McLoughlin (19) to death outside Pat's Supermarket in Laytown, Co Meath in front of Ms McLoughlin's screaming children following a row in 2006.

She was initially jailed for 10 years with the final two years suspended, but the Court of Criminal Appeal reduced that sentence by two years to eight with two suspended.

After being jailed, she was reunited with her mother Jacqui Noble, who was sentenced to life in 2004 for the murder of her former partner and Kelly's father Derek Benson, who was hacked to death with a sword in Ballymun in May 2000.

Jacqui hired a bouncer to carry out the brutal murder. Her trial heard how Benson regularly beat and raped her in front of her daughter.

Jacqui paid Paul Hopkins IR£200 to carry out the killing at a flat in Ballymun. She drugged Benson with heroin and Valium before Hopkins attacked Benson with a samurai sword in the attack which left the victim with 25 stab wounds and a further 60 cutting wounds.

Jacqui was released from prison in 2018 after serving 14 years and once again reunited with Kelly.

Speaking to the media following her release she said: "What's done is done, you know. I'm glad I'm out. I just want to get on with it.

Sunday World Newsletter

Sign up for the latest news and updates

This field is required This field is required

"I'm a bit lucky in a way because even though I'm nervous of reporters, they have always been all right to me.

"To be honest, I'd like to write a book about my life and just get on with it."

Download the Sunday World app

Now download the free app for all the latest Sunday World News, Crime, Irish Showbiz and Sport. Available on Apple and Android devices