| 5.8°C Dublin

Sex assault charge Girl (13) allegedly touched at Luas stop

Close

Stock image

Stock image

Stock image

A YOUNG man accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl at a Luas stop by touching her leg has been given more time to consider a plea.

Chijoke Richard (20) is alleged to have approached and touched the girl at a city centre stop.

Judge Bryan Smyth further adjourned the case at Dublin District Court.

Mr Richard, of no fixed address, is charged with sexually assaulting the girl on May 6, 2019.

It is alleged she was sitting with friends when the accused approached her and touched her upper thigh without her consent then fled.

She later identified him, a garda said.

The girl, who did not receive medical treatment, spoke with a garda specialist interviewer.

The accused’s solicitor said prosecution documents and CCTV evidence had been received by the defence and he was seeking more time before deciding on a plea.

Judge Smyth adjourned the case to a date next month.

The DPP directed summary disposal of the case at district court level and Judge Smyth accepted.

The accused was remanded on continuing bail in his absence.

Download the Sunday World app

Now download the free app for all the latest Sunday World News, Crime, Irish Showbiz and Sport. Available on Apple and Android devices

Online Editors


Privacy