Court for Con | 

Conor McGregor due in court following alleged dangerous driving incident

McGregor is understood to have been travelling in his €170,000 Bentley Continental GT along the N4 when he came to Garda attention
Conor McGregor with his Bentley Continental GT convertible

Conor McGregor with his Bentley Continental GT convertible

Neil Fetherstonhaugh

Conor McGregor is due in court later today following an alleged dangerous driving incident last month.

The 33-year-old is expected to appear at Blanchardstown District Court after gardai stopped the UFC star on the evening of March 22.

McGregor, who has a number of road traffic convictions, is understood to have been travelling in his €170,000 Bentley Continental GT along the N4 between Lucan and Palmerstown when he came to Garda attention.

He was pulled over by gardaí and subsequently arrested for road traffic offences. The Sunday World understands his luxury car was also seized from him on the roadside following his arrest but has since been returned to him.

Conor McGregor, the world's highest earning athlete in 2021, was then brought to Lucan garda station where he has since been station charged and released on bail.

He previously appeared before the same court in 2017 when he was fined €400 for speeding.

A spokesperson for Conor McGregor said: “Mr McGregor was driving to the gym when he was stopped by Gardai for alleged road traffic violations. He passed the drug and alcohol tests taken at the station.”

On conviction, the charge of dangerous driving carries a maximum punishment of a fine up to €5,000 or six months imprisonment, or both.

McGregor has been regularly pictured with his Bentley Continental GT in front of the Black Forge Inn, the Crumlin pub which he bought for €2m in 2019.

He has been spending more time in the capital recently and has been in training for a planned return to the UFC later this year.

A Garda spokesman confirmed at the time that they detained a man in relation to the incident.

A spokesman told the Irish Independent: "Gardaí arrested a man aged in his 30s in relation an incident of dangerous driving in the Palmerstown area yesterday evening, Tuesday 22nd March 2022.

"The man was taken to Lucan Garda Station where he was later charged. He has been released pending an appearance before Blanchardstown District Court at a later date."


Today's Headlines

More Courts

Download the Sunday World app

Now download the free app for all the latest Sunday World News, Crime, Irish Showbiz and Sport. Available on Apple and Android devices