December 19th, 2014

Mother posts disturbing photo of student son (19) after 'neknomination' dare

NewsBy Shuki Byrne
Disgusting: Kieren is pictured here after drinking three bottles of spirits
Disgusting: Kieren is pictured here after drinking three bottles of spirits

The horrors of the dangerous one-upmanship craze 'neknomination' is embodied in this photo released by a concerned mother in Scotland.

Kieran Hunter's (19) mother publicly posted a photo of her unconscious and vomit-ridden son in a bid to end the latest drinking 'game'. 

Nikki Hunter found her son Kieren passed out after he drank three bottles of spirits as part of a 'neknomination'. 

The student accepted a dare from friends to drink a deadly concoction of whiskey, vodka, Southern Comfort, Bacardi and sherry.

His mother found him unconscious and feared the worst. She put him in the recovery position and cleaned him up until he regained consciousness. 

She said: “I didn’t know if he was breathing so I checked him then put him in the floor in the recovery position.

“Then I dragged him into the bath and hosed him down and he just kept saying sorry mum.
 
“I gave him a talking to when he woke up this morning, and told him I’d put the picture on Facebook to embarrass him so he wouldn’t do it again.
 
“Other parents and kids need to know how dangerous this is.”
 
The dangerous 'game' has already claimed the life of two individuals in Ireland alone. 
 
“I wanted other parents to know what what their kids are doing. It was horrendous – he could have died", said the horrified mother. 
 
Keiren said: “When I woke up I got a good telling off. I had a major hangover and a load of abuse on Facebook.
 
“I was really stupid, If I’d have known people had died from doing it then I wouldn’t have done it in the first place.”