Style & ShowbizShowbiz

William Shatner slams George Takei

ShowbizBy Sunday World
William Shatner slams George Takei

William Shatner has branded George Takei a "disturbed individual".

The 84-year-old actor has blasted his former 'Star Trek' co-star and admitted he hasn't had any contact with him in over 25 years.

He said: "He is a very disturbed individual, the truth of the matter is.

"I don't know him. I haven't seen him in 25 years, I don't know what he is up to. It is not a question that has any meaning to me. It is like asking about George Foreman or something."

Meanwhile, the veteran actor - who played Captain James Kirk in the popular sci-fi series - admitted he would love to return to the franchise in some capacity but hasn't been asked by director J.J. Abrams, who is currently shooting 'Star Trek Beyond', which is due for release in 2019 and again stars Chris Pine as Captain Kirk.

He told News.com.au: "No matter what plans I make it is J.J. Abrams who makes the plans and no I don't think he is planning anything with me.

"I would love to. In one year it will be our 50th anniversary and that is incredible."

The former 'Star Trek' co-stars have been embroiled in a feud since they worked together in the 1960s but George has previously insisted it was all fuelled by William, and accused him of lying about not being invited to the actor's 2008 wedding to husband Brad.

George - who has also branded William "a douche" in the past - previously said: "Two months after my wedding, he went on YouTube and ranted and raved about our not sending him an invitation. We had.

"If he had an issue, he could have easily just phoned us before the wedding, simple as that. But he didn't."