Style & ShowbizShowbiz

V Festival bosses dismiss Bieber no-show gossip

ShowbizBy Sunday World
V Festival bosses dismiss Bieber no-show gossip

Organisers of this weekend's V Festival in the U.K. have dismissed reports suggesting Justin Bieber has pulled out.

The Baby singer is billed to headline both the Essex and Staffordshire legs of the event, but fans were left confused by Internet gossip surrounding his appearance.

Some gossip mongers suggested Biebs was planning to cancel his slots after some fans reacted badly to his decision to delete his Instagram account earlier this week.

But a festival representative has assured ticket holders Bieber will be onstage.

"The story that Justin Bieber is pulling out of V Festival is completely untrue," the rep told the Essex Chronicle. "Disgruntled fans started a rumour on Twitter, but it is complete nonsense. It is really annoying that it has come to the surface so close to the festival. We can guarantee that he is coming and it is going to be brilliant."

Bieber deleted his Instagram account after a public spat with ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez, during which the former lovers reportedly accused each other of cheating while they were dating. A rep for Justin has since insisted the singer didn't write the words that were attributed to him.

Prior to the war of words with his ex, Bieber told fans he would make his account private unless they stopped taking aim at his rumoured new girlfriend, 17-year-old Sofia Richie, the daughter of singer Lionel Richie.

This weekend's two-site V Festival will also feature performances from Rihanna, David Guetta, Bastille, Sia, Little Mix, and All Saints.

- Cover Media