Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Tracy Morgan settles lawsuit

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Tracy Morgan settles lawsuit

Tracy Morgan has reached an "amicable settlement" with Walmart.

The 48-year-old actor, who filed a lawsuit against the retail giant after he suffered a traumatic brain injury, broken femur, broken nose and broken ribs when one of the retailer's trucks collided with the limo bus he was travelling in last June in New Jersey, is "grateful" that the company has taken full responsibility for the accident and they have come to a confidential financial agreement.

In a statement, the former '30 Rock' star said: "Walmart did right by me and my family, and for my associates and their families. I am grateful that the case was resolved amicably."

His lawyer Benedict P. Morelli added: "Walmart and I worked diligently to reach this settlement for the plaintiffs and their families. Walmart took full responsibility for the accident, which we greatly appreciate."

Walmart previously insisted it was "committed to doing what is right" for everyone concerned as the truck driver was said to have been fatigued when the accident occurred.

The retailer previously reached a confidential settlement with the family of Tracy's close friend James McNair, who was killed in the accident, in January.

A source recently claimed Tracy is eager to get back to work after struggling to recover from his injuries over the past year.

But the insider added: "If Tracy could be out, acting and doing what he loves, he would be. But sadly, he just can't yet."