Style & ShowbizShowbiz

The Voice panel confirmed

ShowbizBy Sunday World
The Voice panel confirmed

Sir Tom Jones will return to 'The Voice' alongside newcomers Jennifer Hudson and Gavin Rossdale, and existing coach will.i.am next year.

The 76-year-old singer was sacked from the singing show by the BBC after three series, but ITV have opted to bring the music legend back to the coaching panel when the sixth season airs on the channel in early 2017, and Grammy winner Jennifer and Bush frontman Gavin will join ever-present will.

Tom said: "I'm looking forward to returning to my big red chair on 'The Voice UK'.

"I had some great times on the show and I can't wait to again discover and help some brand new talent. And of course be back with my pal will.i.am."

Jennifer - who shot to fame on the third season of 'American Idol' in 2004 - admitted she "can't wait" to get started on the programme.

She said: "I couldn't be more excited to join the amazing panel of coaches on 'The Voice UK'!

"The UK has always been so supportive of me since the beginning of my career so I'm really looking forward to sharing my point of view with the contestants and especially Team JHUD.

"Discovering new artists has always been important to me and the UK has no shortage of talent, so I can only imagine what this experience will be like for everyone involved.

"I can't wait to get going and start developing each individual's own sound!"

Gavin - who appeared on the US version of 'The Voice' as a guest mentor in 2014 - is excited to fly the flag for British rockers on the programme.

He said: "I am so thrilled to be joining 'The Voice UK'. I have always been extremely proud to fly the flag for British rock music and I can't wait to join this incredible panel and help discover some new talent."

Tom, Jennifer and Gavin will replace last year's coaches Paloma Faith, Ricky Wilson and Boy George.

will has been a coach on the show for each of the five seasons.

Emma Willis will return to present the show, which will air on ITV early next year.

Tom previously admitted he had "no warning" that he was getting the boot from 'The Voice'.

He wrote: "I was told yesterday, with no consultation or conversation of any kind, that I would not be returning.

"In good faith, as part of the team, I'd put the time in my schedule to be involved in Series 5, as I've done for the last 4 years.

"I've supported the show and the BBC since the beginning.

"Being informed, as a matter of duty and respect, is an important part of creative relationships.

"This sub-standard behaviour from the executives is very disappointing.

"I will always admire the courage of the performers who participate in the show, as well as all the production staff who worked tirelessly to make a great family viewing experience for the audience at home. I wish the show well."