The Voice accidentally dumps all contestants
All of the remaining contestants on 'The Voice' have been accidentally told they'd been dumped from the show.
The 500 hopefuls on the BBC reality TV programme were left devastated on Monday (17.08.15) when they received an email informing them they had been binned from the contest, only for BBC bosses to realise the IT error a few hours later and frantically inform some 200 contestants they were still in the competition.
An unnamed email recipient said: "I had invested a huge amount of time and effort into the audition process, so I was devastated when the email came through saying I hadn't made it.
"I put in a really strong audition and, without being arrogant, I was convinced I would get through.
"I told my friends and family that I was out, then I got a call saying it was a mistake. Obviously I was chuffed that I wasn't booted out but I really could have done without the hell I went through.
"Everyone appreciates computers can be a problem but this must have caused a lot of people a lot of heartbreak."
A show insider acknowledged the error, but insisted the matter was now resolved.
The source told The Sun newspaper: "All 200 successful contestants were contacted by telephone and the 300 who were actually kicked off the show had already been sent the correct email.
"It has not been a great week for 'The Voice' and the executives could have done without this mess."
Earlier this week, Sir Tom Jones blasted the BBC for the "deeply insulting" way in which they axed him from the show.
The music icon was told he'd been dropped as a coach on the singing competition on the same day the official announcement was made last week.
He said: "That the executives in charge couldn't be ladies and gentlemen about it, that they were filled with paranoia about a 'leak' above all, is deeply insulting to our professionalism."