Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Suzi Perry ruled out of Top Gear job

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Suzi Perry ruled out of Top Gear job

Suzi Perry has been ruled out of joining 'Top Gear'.

The 45-year-old presenter has reportedly signed a new deal to continue hosting the BBC's Formula 1 coverage, meaning she would be unavailable for a full-time job on the revamped motoring show.

A source told The Sun newspaper: "Suzi has signed up to front F1 until the end of next year.

"This deal would appear to stop her joining 'Top Gear' fill-time.

"But there is a chance she could do the odd segment."

The news comes after Suzi - who has fronted the broadcaster's coverage of the sport since Jake Humphrey quit to join BT Sport in 2012 - confirmed that she was in the running to join new host Chris Evans and that he was looking for a "gang of people" to help him front the show.

She said previously: "I know that my name is in the mix but there has not been an offer for me to be alongside Chris, the main presenter.

"Chris is such a car enthusiast - and he's such a great broadcaster.

"I know he will put a sterling team around him.

"Whether I'm a part of it or not, I think it will be a fun watch."

Meanwhile, Jodie Kidd - who was rumoured to be set to join Chris on the new look 'Top Gear' after he was announced as Jeremy Clarkson's replacement - has also ruled herself out as she believed "it would just take over your soul".

Jeremy - who hosted the show alongside Richard Hammond and James May for over ten years - was sacked earlier this year after punching a producer in a row over a steak.