Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Sir Bruce Forsyth recovering from keyhole surgery

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Sir Bruce Forsyth recovering from keyhole surgery

Sir Bruce Forsyth is expected to make a "speedy recovery" after undergoing keyhole surgery.

The former 'Strictly Come Dancing' host has returned home to rest after undergoing a successful operation on an abdominal aortic aneurysm last week.

His manager said: "The procedure was a complete success and while Sir Bruce needs to rest and recuperate, it is anticipated, given the minimally invasive nature of this operation, he will make a speedy recovery."

The 87-year-old presenter checked himself into hospital for the surgery last Thursday (12.11.15) after filming the 'Strictly' 'Children in Need' special.

His condition is reported to have been discovered during check ups he received after suffering a fall last month.

His manager told the BBC: "It is not in connected in any way with the fall itself from which Sir Bruce has made a full recovery - indeed, he recorded 'Strictly Come Dancing's Children in Need' special with Tess Daly, which aired last Friday."

And it's believed Sir Bruce will recover from his recent surgery in time to host 'Strictly's festive episode.

The BBC said: "We anticipate Bruce will still very much be a part of the 'Strictly Come Dancing' Christmas special."

Bruce stepped down as the main host of the celebrity dance contest in 2013 but continues to return for special episodes.