Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Sir Bruce Forsyth isn't closing the door on showbiz career

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Sir Bruce Forsyth isn't closing the door on showbiz career

Sir Bruce Forsyth isn't retiring - yet.

Rumours swirled that the former 'Strictly Come Dancing' host was set to call time on his glittering seven-decade career but his manager Ian Wilson shut down the claims and revealed the 88-year-old star hasn't decided when he'll quit showbiz, following his life-saving surgery last year to treat two heart aneurysms and lengthy recovery.

He said in a statement: "As is widely known, Sir Bruce is recuperating from various health issues.

"His sole focus at the moment is to continue getting better and he has made no formal or informal decision about retiring from show business."

However, Sir Bruce is said to be doing "much better" according to his wife Lady Wilnelia Forsyth-Johnson, who is pleased with his progress.

The brunette beauty said back in June: "He's [Bruce] doing much better. But he's still convalescing. It was a big, big operation. It's taking much longer than we expected, but we're positive that he can recuperate 100 per cent."

The entertainer sparked fears for his health in April this year when he was forced to miss his best friend Ronnie Corbett's funeral because he was still recovering from the extensive key hole surgery five months earlier.

Sir Bruce was admitted for surgery at the end of last year after doctors discovered his near-fatal condition during a routine check-up following his dramatic fall just a few weeks prior.