Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Simon Cowell's making X Factor more cut-throat

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Simon Cowell's making X Factor more cut-throat

Simon Cowell intends to make 'The X Factor' more cut-throat.

The 55-year-old music mogul has teased numerous changes for the latest series of the singing contest, revealing there will be more of the "six chair challenge", which sees judges pick and swap their favourite acts prior to the live shows.

In last year's series, the controversial round brought judge Cheryl Fernandez-Versini to tears, but Simon insists a bigger focus on the harsh stage of the competition will make the show "better".

He said: "There will be more six chair challenges. There will be changes for the live shows. It will be better."

The judging panel is also set to receive a shake up, but while ex-judge Louis Walsh is the only official axing from the show, numerous stars including Nick Grimshaw, Robbie Williams and Louis Tomlinson have all been rumoured to be in talks to become judges.

While no official announcement has been made regarding the final line-up, Simon has teased he will decide between "two or three people" today (05.06.15).

Speaking about the judging panel, he told the Daily Star newspaper: "I have two or three people in mind."