Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Simon Cowell re-signs James Arthur

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Simon Cowell re-signs James Arthur

James Arthur has been re-signed by Simon Cowell's Syco Records.

The 28-year-old singer, who won the ninth series of 'The X Factor' in the UK in 2012 and recently topped the iTunes chart with 'Say You Won't Let Go', has been re-signed by the music mogul after he was previously dropped from the label in 2014 following a string of controversies.

A music source told The Sun newspaper: "Over the last few years James has kept in touch with Simon.

"Simon has always thought James is a real talent but as soon as he heard the record he made up his mind to re-sign him.

"James has grown up a lot and realises he made mistakes in the past. Simon knows this.

"Syco will distribute James's new album in the UK when it comes out later this year."

James enjoyed considerable success following his starring role on the British talent show, but his career took a sharp downward turn in light of a series of inappropriate Twitter rants and he was eventually dropped from the label.

Simon said that James' self-destructive attitude had led to him losing his lucrative recording contract.

He previously explained: "I think James unfortunately has had so many issues with what he has done.

"Somebody should have told him to shut up and just put the records out."

Now, though, it appears that James' career is back on track after enjoying chart success and being re-signed by Syco.

A spokesman for Syco said: "We can confirm that James Arthur is now once again signed to Syco Music in the UK. We are delighted to welcome him back into the Syco fold."