Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Simon Cowell 'not interested' in Zayn Malik's comments

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Simon Cowell 'not interested' in Zayn Malik's comments

Simon Cowell is "not interested" in what Zayn Malik has to say.

The 56-year-old music mogul has insisted he is not bothered about the comments made by the former One Direction star about his friendships with the group and the crew following his departure from the band but would rather focus on the music.

He said: "I'm not interested in a single word he says, but I am interested in what he sings. I've heard [his music], it's good, he's going to do well."

The 'X Factor' boss also opened up about the boy band's latest music video, admitting it was "emotional" to watch.

He added to Yahoo Celebrity: "I just saw the video last night and, God, it makes you feel emotional. When that drops you're going to see another lease of life for that record. I did get emotional watching it."

Meanwhile, Zayn previously claimed his former bandmates - Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson - have lied about staying in contact with him.

He said: "The truth is I haven't spoken to any of the boys at all really, I spoke to Liam a bit and that's just the way it is.

"I did try to reach out to a couple of people and they didn't get back to me, but then publicly, when they were asked questions about it, said that they'd spoken to me and that we were friends. But that's not the case, I tried to reach out and be their friend but they haven't even replied to any of my calls or texts."