Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Simon Cowell feared for son's safety after burglary

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Simon Cowell feared for son's safety after burglary

Simon Cowell feared for his son's safety after being told his house had been burgled.

The 56-year-old music mogul was awoken in the early hours of Friday morning (04.12.15) by his bodyguard, who explained there had a been a break in, and Simon's first thought was to check on the safety of his 21-month-old son Eric.

Simon - who also lives with his girlfriend Lauren Silverman at their home in Holland Park, West London - shared: "It was nerve-racking. Lauren was woken up with me and we checked on Eric.

"That was the first thing we did, to make sure he was OK.

"Apart from the fact someone broke into my house and stole my stuff, which is scary, it could have been worse. Thankfully no one was hurt.

"But we have the worst guard dogs in the world."

The thief stole cash and jewellery thought to be worth hundreds of thousands of pounds, but Simon insisted that his first priority was the safety of his family.

He told The Sun on Sunday newspaper: "It's not what they stole, it's the fact they got into the house. That was the frightening thing, the idea someone was in my house."

Simon also revealed he plans to boost his security in light of the incident.

Asked to put a price on the stolen items, he said: "I don't want to talk about that. The insurance company will cover that.

"It was some jewellery. That's a pain in the a**e but the most important thing is to make sure everyone is OK.

"What's more concerning is how we stop people getting into this house. Wherever you live someone can get in.

"Maybe I have to get bigger guard dogs."