Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Rylan Clarke hasn't been approached for The X Factor

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Rylan Clarke hasn't been approached for The X Factor

Rylan Clark hasn't been approached to host 'The X Factor'.

The 'Big Brother's Bit On The Side' presenter has commented on the claims he and 'Big Brother' host Emma Willis are set to take over from Caroline Flack and Olly Murs on the singing contest, to insist he's not been contacted by show boss Simon Cowell.

Speaking on ITV's 'This Morning', he said: "Emma texted me this morning saying, 'Have you seen the paper?' So I stopped at the garage and got my coffee and there it was, I saw it.

"Look, if there is any truth in this, it's the first I've heard of it,

"I think Olly and Caroline have done a great job."

The 27-year-old's comments come after it was reported Simon is keen to poach the pair from 'Big Brother'.

A source told the Daily Star newspaper: "It would cause fireworks poaching Emma and Rylan off 'Big Brother' but Simon usually gets what he wants. He nicked Alesha Dixon off 'Strictly' to be a judge on 'Britain's Got Talent' and Rita Ora from 'The Voice' for 'The X Factor.' "

Olly and Caroline took over from Dermot O'Leary as the hosts of the main show earlier this year following their success on the 'Xtra Factor' in 2012.

And news of them being replaced comes after Olly accidentally announced that Monica Michael was out of the competition instead of taking the vote to deadlock earlier this series.