Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Robin Wright and Ben Foster ‘end engagement for second time’

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Robin Wright and Ben Foster ‘end engagement for second time’

Robin Wright and Ben Foster have reportedly called off their engagement for a second time.

The acting duo reconciled in January, after initially calling off their wedding arrangements in November 2014.

Friends say despite giving it another shot, the same problems will still present between the pair.

“They gave it another go, but were still having the same issues,” a source told Us Weekly.

“Ben was kind of immature. She couldn’t deal with him anymore.”

The insider also reveals they called time on the union a few months ago.

Robin, 49, and 34-year-old Ben met on the set of 2011 film Rampart, with romance rumours sparking in early 2012.

The first e became engaged in January last year. At the time Robin opened up about her “devastating divorce” from her ex Sean Penn, and said Ben’s proposal came as a pleasant surprise.

"His proposal was such a shock," she told The Daily Telegraph. "But we felt married anyway. We've been together ever since the first date."

In the past, Robin has never been shy about revealing her feelings for Ben. When she spoke to Vanity Fair last year she couldn’t help but gush over her then-fiancé.

“I've never been happier in my life than I am today," she smiled to the magazine.

"Perhaps it's not ladylike (to say), but I've never laughed more, read more, or come more than with Ben."

- Cover Media