Robbie Savage is on crash diet for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
Robbie Savage is reportedly going to crash diet ahead of his expected stint on 'I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!'.
The 41-year-old former footballer has piled on the pounds in recent months after demolishing calorific treats and guzzling booze but is determined to throw himself into the gym in order to be in the best shape possible for the Australian jungle.
Taking to this Twitter account after it was announced he was being signed to the creepy-crawly show, he wrote: "Return to the gym on Monday with @flintoff11 I'll be ready. (sic)"
This isn't the first the 'Match of the Day' pundit has put himself on a diet as back in January he kick-started a fitness regime after he saw bloated footage of him on the show.
Meanwhile, although he's determined to get in shape before November, Robbie is yet to sign a contract with the ITV bosses.
A source said: "Robbie would be an amazing signing. We're quietly confident he'll do it after years of trying to persuade him."
The hunky sportsman has already competed on 'Strictly Come Dancing' in 2013 and he previously admitted that he would love the "challenge" of the Bush Tucker Trials.
He said: "I thought I'd never do a reality show but I've realised I'm someone who needs a challenge. I'd consider it."
The sports pundit could be set to join the likes of Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini and former UKIP leader Nigel Farage, who are rumoured to be heading into the jungle, on the show.
Louis Smith has also hinted that he could heading Down Under for the new series of the show after he scooped the silver medal on Pommel Horse at the Rio Olympics last week.