Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Rebel Wilson disables Instagram comments

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Rebel Wilson disables Instagram comments

Rebel Wilson has disabled comments on her Instagram account after receiving death threats.

The 36-year-old actress was forced to shut down the comments section of her social media account on Tuesday (13.09.16), and explained in a now-deleted post on the photo0sharing website that the FBI were investigating the threats she had received.

The 'Pitch Perfect' star wrote: "Just letting you guys know that my comments are temporarily suspended because of death threats I recently received. The FBI is currently investigating."

It is not yet known why the blonde beauty was targeted, or who was behind the threats.

However, it isn't the first time the star has come under fire on social media.

Earlier this year, she spoke out about how she was subject to more death threats after she was pictured embracing One Direction heartthrob Harry Styles.

Speaking at the time, she said: "Basically I got accused of sexually assaulting Harry Styles. These little girls, I think they're about 12 - very, very unhappy with that.

"Basically, we're just like two professional entertainers having a good time, and he really enjoyed it. And, I told them that on Twitter, and then they just sent me more death threats."

The threats on Rebel's Instagram account come just days after Harry's band mate Niall Horan, 23, was the subject of a hacking on the website.

Tweeting about the attack, the star said: "Something mad is goin on with my insta . Clearly some fool hacked it but they tagged themselves in it... (sic)"