Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Olly Murs: The Voice mistreated Tom Jones

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Olly Murs: The Voice mistreated Tom Jones

Olly Murs thinks Sir Tom Jones "wasn't treated very nice" by 'The Voice' bosses.

The 31-year-old 'X Factor' presenter said he was "shocked" to hear that Sir Tom had been dropped from the BBC's rival talent show and only found out on the day that it was announced they had appointmented new judges Boy George and Paloma Faith.

He said: "I was shocked, and I do feel that the way that Tom has been treated wasn't very nice.

"Obviously he is really upset about it."

The "Heart Skips a Beat' singer - who found fame on the sixth series of 'The X Factor' in 2009 and will front the twelth series this year with Caroline Flack - added that the powers-at-be could have given the 'Sex Bomb' hitmaker more notice about the change in the judges line-up.

Speaking from V Festival on the weekend he told The Sun newspaper: "They clearly didn't do it the right way which is a shame because he's a really lovely guy and an iconic artist who I've always admired. I just hope Simon doesn't get rid of me like that!

"But it doesn't mean that Boy George isn't going to be good. I think it's a good signing for them."

Meanwhile the welsh crooner, 75, promised on that he will name those who wronged him in an upcoming memoir.

He said: "Somebody is going to pay for something."