Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Noel Gallagher too busy for The X Factor

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Noel Gallagher too busy for The X Factor

Noel Gallagher says he's too busy for 'The X Factor'.

The former Oasis star has turned down the chance to join the judging panel on the talent show twice and has insisted he has no plans to clear his schedule to make time for it in the future.

He told OK! Online: "They've asked me twice now and it's not something I want to do.

"I don't want to be on TV every Saturday night. I'd rather be at home watching it with my daughter.

"Like I don't have enough to do with being in a band. It's nonsense."

The 48-year-old rocker - who has 15-year-old daughter Anais with ex-wife Meg Matthews and sons Donovan, eight, and Sonny, five, with wife Sara MacDonald - previously claimed that Simon Cowell asked him to replace him on the show when he went to America to launch the US version in 2011.

And the High Flying Birds frontman confessed his daughter was furious at him for turning it down.

He said previously: "She has never forgiven me for turning him down. I told her I'm not doing it, it's not for me - but she just screamed in my face, 'But Dad, it's 'The X Factor'."