Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Nick Jonas offered 2m for RNC concert

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Nick Jonas offered 2m for RNC concert

Nick Jonas was offered $2 million to perform at a Republican National Convention event.

The 23-year-old singer was approached by promoters who wanted him to play a free concert in Cleveland on July 24, as a thank-you to the city for hosting the RNC at the Quicken Loans Arena, TMZ reports.

Nick was offered around $2 million to perform and was told that he would be paid by a "private donor".

However, Nick turned down the request.

This comes after it was revealed that Justin Bieber turned down $5 million to perform at a similar event.

The 22-year-old singer was offered the huge amount for a 45-minute performance last week at a venue in Cleveland and although he was told that his performance would not be seen as an endorsement, Justin refused the offer.

Canadian singer Justin and his team were reportedly told by the promoter that LeBron James was planning to take part in another event for the party, also without endorsing them, but LeBron denied having anything to do with them when contacted by Justin's representatives.

And the basketball star encouraged Justin to turn down the offer.

Justin's manager Scooter Braun, a staunch Democrat and supporter of Hillary Clinton, reportedly "told Justin it was up to him if he wanted to do the show, but he said he couldn't continue to represent the singer if he did, out of principle".

Nick is currently co-headlining his 'Future Now' tour with Demi Lovato, while Justin is in the middle of his 'Purpose' world tour.