Nick Cave's son took LSD before death
Nick Cave's 15-year-old son had taken LSD before he fell to his death.
The 58-year-old musician learned at an inquest held at Woodvale Crematorium in Brighton, East Sussex, England today (10.09.15) that Arthur Cave had the hallucinogenic drug - known as Lysergic acid diethylamide - in his system when he plunged 60ft down Ovingdean Gap in Brighton at around 6pm on July 14, according to a report by MailOnline.
The youngster - who has a twin, Earl - was rushed to the Royal Sussex County Hospital with a fractured skull, broken legs and bleeding on the brain after he was discovered by motorists in slow-moving traffic.
A full inquest into Arthur's death will commence on November 20.
At that hearing, statements will be read from people, including the person who was with Arthur on the day he died.
Following the news of the tragedy in July, Nick - who was born in Australia - and his wife Susie paid tribute to their "beautiful, happy" son.
They said in a joint statement: "Our son Arthur died on Tuesday evening. He was our beautiful, happy loving boy.
"We ask that we be given the privacy our family needs to grieve at this difficult time."
Both Arthur and Earl appeared in Nick's 2014 biopic '20,000 Days On Earth'.