Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Nick Carter joins Dancing With the Stars

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Nick Carter joins Dancing With the Stars

Nick Carter will compete on the next series of 'Dancing With the Stars'.

The Backstreet Boys singer announced on his Twitter on Wednesday morning (26.08.15) that he will be starring on season 21 of the celebrity dancing contest this autumn.

He wrote: "You ain't seen nothing yet. #DWTS @DancingABC #NickCarterDWTS (sic)"

He later confirmed to US Weekly magazine that he is "excited" to get started and that he has his former rival and friend, 'N Sync's Joey Fatone - who competed on seasons four and 15 - to thank for persuading him to sign up.

Nick said: "I'm excited. [Joey] talks about it all the time and I was really debating if I wanted to do it, and he said, 'It's a great experience, it keeps you in shape and it'll teach you a lot of stuff. 'You'll get what you put into it.' And I'm a hard worker, so I think it'll be fun."

However, it wasn't just Joey who made up his mind, younger brother Aaron Cater came fifth place in season nine and Nick, 35, admitted he has a lot of "competitiveness" towards his sibling and wants try and beat him.

He said "My brother was on it; he did great; and he's a great little dancer and entertainer so I saw it through his eyes throughout that experience.

"And there's a lot of competitiveness in me and I think there's a little something inside of me that says, 'OK, I'm going to go there and represent the Carter name and do even better than what he did!' "

However, the 'Everybody' hitmaker will have his work cut out as he doesn't think he is a "great dancer"

He added: "I never considered myself a great dancer. Even though funny enough I've danced my entire life, I might have had a little insecurity on that end. But I felt this time around I had some time and I think it'll be a cool experience. I think they can teach me some stuff.

"I hope maybe I can become a better dancer! It'll be a great experience to learn how to ballroom dance."

Nick joins previously-announced contestants Bindi Irwin and Victor Espinoza in taking part, with the rest of the line-up due to be announced in the coming weeks.

'Dancing With the Stars' starts on Monday September 14 on ABC.