Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Nathan Sykes' reality TV vow

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Nathan Sykes' reality TV vow

Nathan Sykes will never do reality TV.

The former Wanted star - who recently launched his solo career- says he has no plans to go on 'Strictly Come Dancing' like his former bandmate Jay McGuiness or any of the other celebrity competition programmes because he wants to focus on his music.

He said: "I am very focused on music. I am dedicated to my music and from a very early age it's what I've always wanted to do.

"So I think I will leave the reality TV stuff to my friends and focus on music because that is what I love doing."

The 'Over And Over Again' hitmaker is "very proud" of his solo debut album and is excited for his fans to get to hear it when it's released early next year.

He added: "I am very proud of my album and of the last year and I can't wait for people to hear it next year."

And speaking about his debut LP, the 22-year-old singer previously admitted it is "exciting" to forge his own identity away from the band.

He said: "It's like a second, first impression and whereas I don't necessarily think it's important to change people's perceptions, I do think it's exciting that people won't just see me as 'The young one in The Wanted' and can have the freedom to judge me as an individual and not just 'that bloke from that band'."