Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Nathan Sykes ends Harry Styles feud

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Nathan Sykes ends Harry Styles feud

Nathan Sykes has ended The Wanted's feud with One Direction by enjoying on "one hell of an embrace" with Harry Styles.

The 21-year-old singer - who is currently working on solo material following the band's decision to go on a hiatus last year - recently smoothed things over with the 'Steal My Girl' singer on a drunken night out in Los Angeles.

He said: "I was out with Harry in LA recently. We were both a bit merry, but we had one hell of an embrace."

However, the dapper star insisted he and Harry never personally argued, and it was the other members of their bands who feuded earlier on in their careers.

He told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "I never had a problem with any of the 1D boys and never got involved with the Twitter fights, it wasn't me. I think sometimes you can be a victim of hatred through association. I was like, 'I didn't say anything!'"

The 'Glad You Came' hitmakers' war of words with the fellow five-piece boyband originally began in 2012 when One Direction's Zayn Malik branded Max George a "geek" before the argument escalated with insults about each other's vocal ability, and Zayn eventually calling Max "chlamydia boy".

In further online spats, the lads threatened to meet up for a fist fight, while The Wanted's Tom Parker mocked Louis Tomlinson and the band's ascent to fame through the ITV singing competition, 'The X Factor'.

Back in 2013, Tom wrote: "You even talk about us at your own gigs. Are you that upset you didn't get in this band. (sic)"

Louis responded: "Pal, we both know I wouldn't waste my time auditioning for your band. You humour me with your bad boy persona. (sic)"

To which Tom replied: "You were too busy "wowing the judges" with THIS #louisgottallent #nicework (sic)."