Style & ShowbizShowbiz

Nadine Coyle suffered serious carbon monoxide poisoning

ShowbizBy Sunday World
Nadine Coyle suffered serious carbon monoxide poisoning

Nadine Coyle suffered serious carbon monoxide poisoning at her Los Angeles home.

The Girls Aloud singer revealed she rushed herself to hospital for blood tests when she and her family felt incredibly tired after they moved into the Californian property but claims the doctor didn't specifically mention the cause.

She said: "I was renting a house in LA ... you don't really notice it, you're like 'I'm really tired, is it with all the flying around, is it jet lag, am I getting sick, is it a cold, have we got a bug, why are we so tired all the time?', and then you would forget simple things, we couldn't remember the word for table, like, 'What is that? Put it on the...', we couldn't remember what is was. And it was the chest pains, I felt like I couldn't breathe.'

"So I went to the doctors and ... then when the blood tests came back they said it was exposure to high levels of gas, but still he hadn't said it was carbon monoxide."

And the 30-year-old star insists it was only by chance that the faulty boiler was discovered by a workman who came to service the appliance.

Speaking to ITV's Good Morning Britain, she added: "The boiler was faulty, there was a crack in it. It just happened to be someone was coming round, it was so lucky.

"[We were told] immediately, 'Everybody needs to get out, everybody needs to be out the house.'"